Oxford Innovation Society
The Oxford Innovation Society is a leading forum for “open innovation”, bringing together researchers and inventors, Oxford spin-outs, technology transfer professionals, local companies, venture capital groups and some of the worlds most innovative multinationals.
Established by Isis in 1990, the Society allows companies to have a “window” on Oxford science and fosters links between business and the academic community.
Industry is increasingly realising the value of open innovation, actively seeking technologies and innovations from outside their own organisations to create competitive advantage for their businesses.
The most progressive players continually extend their networks, track external research and development, and actively fund, license and acquire new technologies from universities. The Oxford Innovation Society provides an excellent platform for these initiatives.
Companies receive benefits including:
- 30 days' advance notification of all newly available University of Oxford intellectual property.
- Unparalleled networking opportunities at formal Oxford Innovation Society dinners. The dinners are held three times each year, and are hosted at one of Oxford’s colleges.
- Customised research presentations and bespoke seminars for technology roadmapping and strategic planning
- Opportunities to contribute articles to Isis newsletters and present at Isis and University seminars.
- Customised introductions to Isis’ intellectual property portfolios.
Members also develop a close working relationship with Isis Innovation. Isis Technology Transfer Managers are ideally placed to introduce companies to the University community and to leading researchers in their fields of interest. The annual fee for membership is currently £6,800.
Membership of the Oxford Innovation Society is by invitation only. To apply, please complete the Membership Application Form (PDF).
Forthcoming OIS Meetings & Dinners
- 18th September 2013
- 05th December 2013
- 20th March 2014
We would be delighted to provide further information about the society. Please contact us on:
T: +44 (0) 1865 280830